Great News for Cruisers! Royal Caribbean International has announced it will begin the construction of their brand new ship, Ovation of the Seas. The brand new ship is scheduled to arrive sometime in the Fall of 2016. The ship will be categorized into the Quantum-class as the third ship in the fleet.
According to an article featured on TravelAgentCentral.com and on RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com, the writers have stated:
The Quantum Class ships will debut new features, such as:
- dancing Roboscreens in the Two70 entertainment venue
- robotic bartenders in BionicBar
- RipCord by iFLY, the first skydiving experience at sea
- the North Star, a machine that transports guests more than 300 feet above the ocean
- venues such as Sea-Plex, the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars, roller skating, and more
- and the cruise line’s largest and most advanced staterooms, including the Virtual Balcony staterooms, which offers real-time views of the ocean and destinations for interior staterooms
Looks like this new ship will definitely be worth the wait! So much excitement and fun while at sea! The first metal cutting has already taken place. The ship is going to be constructed at the same location in Germany as its sister ships, Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas.
Here are some quick facts about the Quantum Class:
- Decks: 18
- Capacity: 4,180 Guests (Double Occupancy)
- Staterooms: 2,090